Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back to Reality

For the past week, my blog has been filled with pictures from my Hawaii vacation, so even though I've been home for several days, it kind of feels like my vacation has continued on. Well, now it's back to reality.
Here are a few shots from the last few days since we got home. Parker ran in the qualifying meet for district. Unforunately, he came in 9th place in the mile, and the top 8 go to district. He did get 5:16, which is his fastest time ever. His medley relay team qualified, though, so they will be running tomorrow at district


At the starting line. Parker is right in the middle -- the man in black.

Over the weekend, Mallory had rehearsals for her ballet and jazz recitals, as well as the performance for jazz.




And finally, here's a shot of me with my four wonderful children on Mother's Day. I am so blessed to have such great kids. I love them all so much.


Alex's 2nd grade teacher had them answer some questions about their moms. Some of his responses made me laugh out loud.

Why are there mothers? "So you won't get hungry when your dad's gone."

Why do you think you got your mother instead of another mother? "Because I'm perfect for her."


What does your mother keep saying? "Do the dishes."


What is the most important thing in your mother's life? "Taking pictures."


What do you think your mother will be like in 10 years? "She'll be 10 years older."


Tell about a time when you were proud of your mother. "When she smashes spiders."


What is the most important thing your mother has taught you? "How to make toast."



So, if any of you need to know how to make toast, just ask!:)

15 comments:

Kristina said...

Transitioning back to reality can be hard! My girls have an upcoming dance recital too. So fun to watch them grow!

Amy said...

What a beautiful tutu, the track and ballet shots are awesome! The shot of you with your kids is fabulous!

Becky said...

My DD's track coach encourages them to go for improving their times, so I'd say he had a successful race! Love those tutus, and the Mother's Day questionnaire cracked me up.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Love the shot with the kids. Your son did good. What ballet is she dancing. We are getting ready for Time Steps(Jazz/tap) at the end of the month and then Giselle in June.

April said...

welcome back to reality. those are great pictures you got there.

Janae said...

what cute kids you have. LOVED all those answers, they made me laugh.

Mom2Drew said...

SUCH a cute family shot! We miss you around 2peas, hope you get your issues resolved quickly.

Donnah Ciempka said...

What a lovely Mother's Day you had. I love the ballerina shots.

Mandy said...

The dance photos are so wonderful and beautiful. I love the colors.

Amanda
www.labellavitaphotos.com

Jess said...

OMG, his answers cracked me up! I love that innocent honesty kids have! You have a gorgeous family... and btw... how DO you make toast? LOL!

Angela2932 said...

Congrats on the toast skills! Nice shot of the whole family.

mel said...

great photos! Love the dance ones, and great photo of you with your kids! how wonderful to have his answers to those questions, that is precious!

Bobbi said...

That last picture is so sweet! Love your reality shots too.

pat said...

Meg, I love these! I laughed out loud at your son's responses; you MUST save those. I am calling you when I need to smash spiders! BTW, really liked the shots from the Laie temple and the PCC. I love those places.

Cindi Koceich said...

I love the photo of you and your children! So super sweet!