Sunday, October 19, 2008

Da Braves Are Going to State!

Woo Hoo! There was a lot of yelling, cheering and carrying on this week at the region cross country meet when the Bountiful Braves qualified for state! Way to go guys! Parker and the six other members of the varsity team will run on Wednesday. I'm so happy they will be able to end the season in this way. Parker lives to run and has had a great time running with the other people on the team.


The BHS varsity cross country team. (Parker's #9710 -- that really tall guy in the middle). :)


Parker (right) and his friend Cubby. Cubby came in 2nd in the region race. He is amazingly fast!




Parker sprinting for the finish line.



Coach Wiley. He's a great coach...always encouraging and supporting his team.



I was so disappointed I was clear across the field and didn't get a better shot of this. Two of Parker's teammates had just found out the scores and learned Bountiful had qualified for state, so they ran over to tell Parker. When I saw them take off running to find him, I knew there was no way I could catch up with them, so I just zoomed my lens as far as it would go and hoped for the best!

Nick is happy to be headed to state! He's also usually way more animated when I point my camera at him than my own children are.

Coach Wiley gets a little wet as the guys dump their water cups on him. They were nice and didn't dump the whole water cooler on him. I love the expression on Parker's face!

I'll let you know how the Braves do at state!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! I love that shot through the fence!
Cari

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Fun shots!

Reds said...

Congratulations!!! That is awesome!!

Unknown said...

Way to go!!

Chell said...

Oh that is just so great!! Fun memories you caught.

Jackie's Shot said...

Congrats to the team. I really think that shot works with the fence. Really gives the view that your looking in on a special moment the boys are sharing. ~Jackie

Amy said...

Congratulations to them! Great shots...even the one through the fence is very expressive!

Jen said...

Hooray! Congrats to them- thats wonderful news!

Becky said...

Way to go, Parker and friends! I think you made that fence shot work--it looks cool!

Angela2932 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have a special place in my heart for boys who love to run Cross Country and Track! These are wonderful photos!

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

What fun action shots, my favorite is the one through the fence of them congratulating each other! :)