Sunday, November 22, 2009

Brett + Kristy

About a month ago (has it been that long?!) my friend Janae was photographing a wedding at the Bountiful Temple. Since I live nearby, she said I was welcome to come and do some shots for fun. It was a beautiful October day...not too cold, and the noonday sun cooperated and stayed behind the clouds for the most part.

I think I confused just about everyone on both sides of the family -- since no one knew who the heck I was. Finally the bride asked Janae if she knew me. It was pretty funny! :) Maybe I should just show up at random weddings and start taking pictures. I'd been doing it for a good 30 or 40 minutes before anyone said anything. Great way to build that wedding portfolio, huh?

The best part about shooting weddings for fun is the fact that there is no pressure. I felt more at ease trying shots and angles that I might otherwise hesitate to do. So, here are a few favorites, from me....the wedding stalker. :)











12 comments:

Lisa Childs said...

I LOVE it!!!! I hope I didn't pressure you into updating your blog! ah!
Your shots are beautiful, as always.. and I just absolutely love the fact that you're a wedding stalker;) I might do that too haha;)

Janae said...

These are great. I love the one where the Temple only is in focus.

And sorry I didn't introduce you. It was a little crazy. It was pretty funny once we got it all straightened out.

Thanks for coming with me.

Sharon said...

Great shots!

Lauren Hartman said...

How fun! No pressure shooting, and you did a great job of it. I love the big group shot, and especially the guy behind the couple's expression!

Nicki said...

How fun to have the opportunity to photograph a wedding with no pressure. Fun group shot and interesting shoe/sock shot. Her dress was so pretty as well.

Bobbi said...

Lol that is too funny! Stalkers get great shots, I am loving the crowd one.

Cindi Koceich said...

Fabulous job on these!!!
Love the feet shot!

Jen said...

Haha! That is such a funny story! I love it! ;) Glad to see you blogging- I've missed you!

Susan said...

I don't think I could photograph a wedding even *just for fun*! Too stressful! These are some fun shots!

Reds said...

Wow!! Beautiful job!!! Love the temple shots!! And those shoes!! ;)

Suzy said...

Gorgeous! I love them all!

April O'neil said...

so pretty i love them