Monday, January 10, 2011

Temple Square at Christmas

Yes, I know Christmas is over. (I even took down ..most... of my decorations this week).
But the Christmas season is always so busy with kids' choir concerts, Nutcracker rehearsals and performances, shopping, decorating, eating....that I didn't get around to posting these before Christmas.


So, you get to enjoy the season just a bit longer, thanks to me!


If you've never been to Salt Lake City at Christmastime, you should definitely come. You can even stay with me (if you want to help shop, attend choir concerts, Nutcracker performances, wrap, decorate and eat). 


Temple Square is a sight to behold, with hundreds of thousands of twinkling lights, life-size nativities, glowing luminaries and crowds so big you can hardly make you way through the place. (Ignore that last one. Really the crowds aren't THAT bad. Plus, all that body heat helps stave off the cold).


Anyway.....here are some of my favorite shots from our family visit to Temple Square this year.


:)










10 comments:

HeyLady said...

This year I really wanted to find the time to go see the lights w/my camera and I never made it. I'm so glad to see these.

Next year.

Anonymous said...

Love that reflection one! These are all wonderful!

Lisa Childs said...

I just stared at the 6th one for a good minute and a half. Beautiful. It truly was so amazing!! I kindof want to order a print!

Samantha said...

That looks completely magical. I really like the shot of the nativity scene. The reflections are fantastic!

Nicki said...

Beautiful captures. I can only imagine this is a sight to behold. Thank you for sharing. The reflection in your 3rd shot is amazing - and just when I thought it was my pick - the luminaries had me going wowwww! Love your perspective on that shot. And the kiddos are pretty specials too!

Norine @ Five Baht Elephant said...

The only part of SLC I've seen is the airport. Probably doesn't count, does it.

But these shots are great!

Alison Shuman - Find Real Austin said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos! The lighting on the buildings contrasts beautifully with the darkness of the evening.

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Just amazing. The reflections are eyecatching and I would love to see some as posters on my wall.

Reds said...

Wow - you make me want to come visit you! Beautiful temple and great shots!

Suzy said...

These are gorgeous Margaret! I took my son's to see temple square and had to leave early (due to their behavior lol). So it's nice to see the "rest of it" here!